- Research Areas
- Dynamic Brain Circuits and Connections in Health and Disease
- Core facilities
- Research administration services
- Funding Opportunities
- DMCBH Membership
- News & Events
- Brain Matters Newsletter
- Neuroscience Research Colloquium
You are hereAbout
Graduate Trainee Award
The DMCBH Innovation Fund Graduate Trainee award is intended to support tuition shortfalls for PhD students enrolled in the Graduate Program in Neuroscience. Awards total CDN $5,000/year per recipient, for up to two years.
The graduate trainee award is intended to support trainees with total current external funding not exceeding CDN $25,000/year.
Applicants must be supervised by a full-time faculty member who holds independent research or clinical space at the University of British Columbia (UBC) and its affiliated research sites and meet one or more of the following criteria:
- currently holds external funding supporting basic or clinical brain research
- actively contributes to teaching within the Graduate Program in Neuroscience (NRSC 500, NRSC 501)
- actively contributes to training by having one or more trainees enrolled in the Graduate Program in Neuroscience
Applications for the DMCBH Innovation Fund Graduate Trainee Award will be adjudicated by a committee of 3-4 reviewing members and a Chair to be established by the DMCBH Executive but not to include any DMCBH Executive member. Graduate trainees of DMCBH Executive members are eligible for the award.
Applications will be due October 1, 2019, for students registered to the graduate doctoral program beginning Term 1 of the Winter Session (2019/20 Academic Year) or February 15, 2020, for students beginning their program in Winter Session Term 2, 2020.